For Silver, Brass, Copper & More. Whether your household metal items are heirlooms or everyday necessities, you can easily keep them gleaming and free of tarnish.
First, prevent tarnish by keeping metals dry. Tarnish, which can dull or destroy metals, is a result of oxidation, usually between metallic ions and sulfur in the atmosphere. Cleaning with Mr. Metal leaves behind a Tarnish Guard barrier, which will increase tarnish resistance.
Clean, Shine and Protect all your metal items safely and effectively with these metal care tips from Mr. Metal:
- Maintain a metal's shine by avoiding the use of abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring pads, which can scratch and dull metals.
- Separate stainless steel and sterling silver in the dishwasher. A chemical reaction between them can leave black spots on the silver.
- Use diluted dishwashing detergents to wash metals. Contact with undiluted detergents can damage the finish of certain metals.
- Apply Mr. Metal with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth, turning the cloth frequently to expose a fresh, unsoiled surface.
- When applying, spread Mr. Metal polish evenly on the surface to maintain a uniform appearance.
- For intricate details or ornate objects, apply and rinse Mr. Metal with a sponge for easy conforming to the metal surface.